||EARLY HUMAN RACE
[Mesopotamia] Eden-Haran (Syria)-Iraq
||2000-year period approx.
(all Bible summary charts inspired by but revised from Nelson's Bible Maps and Charts)
- Creation: God is the sovereign creator of matter and energy,
space and time; He is the Great Elohim. Human beings are the pinnacle of His creation. Elohim creates a Covenant with Adam and Eve and they become the children of Yahweh Elohim. The Covenant sign is the Tree of Life.
- Fall: Though originally good, this creation became subjected to corruption through the sin of Adam. In spite of the devastating curse of the Fall, God promises hope of redemption through the "seed of the woman," Mary, the mother of the New Covenant children of God, the only woman other than Eve to bear the title "Woman". The sacrifice of animals is set in place as a temporary
measure to prevent the permanent "spiritual" death of mankind.
- Flood: As humanity multiplies, sin also multiplies until God is compelled to destroy the human race with the exception of Noah and his family. After the Flood, God makes a covenant with Noah and all creation. The Covenant sign is the rainbow. The Covenant continues with Noah's righteous son Shem. The Flood is the prophetic promise of our new life in Christ and the forgiveness of original sin through our Baptism into the Family of God.
- Nations: Though we are all children of Adam through Noah, God
fragments the single culture and language of the post-flood world and scatters the peoples over the face of the earth. All the nations of the earth are descendants of the three sons of Noah
- Abrahamic Covenant: God initiated His covenant with Abram when he was living in Ur of the Chaldeans in Mesopotamia. God promised a three-fold blessing of land, descendants, and a world-wide blessing if Abram would have faith and be obedient to God. Abram's faith and obedience resulted in the ratification of a three-fold covenant and his name is changed to Abraham. This covenant is renewed with Abraham's descendants Isaac, Jacob (Israel), and Joseph. The covenant sign is the rite of circumcision.
TIME LINE (BC)
||approx. 2000 BC
||Tower of Babel